Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure that helps to remove stains and discoloration from teeth, making them look whiter and brighter. Many people are interested in teeth whitening, but before considering it, they want to know how much does teeth whitening cost.
The Cost of In-Office Teeth Whitening
The cost of in-office teeth whitening varies depending on the location and the dentist's experience. On average, the cost ranges from $500 to $1,000. If you're opting for professional whitening, make sure to ask your dentist about the different whitening procedures they use and the associated costs.
A Comparison of Different In-Office Teeth Whitening Options
|Laser Teeth Whitening
|Zoom Teeth Whitening
|$500 - $700
|BriteSmile Teeth Whitening
|$500 - $600
The Cost of At-Home Teeth Whitening
The cost of at-home teeth whitening varies greatly depending on the product you choose. Over-the-counter teeth whitening kits like Crest Whitestrips and Colgate Whitening Pens typically cost between $20 to $100. Some dental-grade whitening kits prescribed by a dentist may cost between $300 and $500.
The Pros and Cons of At-Home Teeth Whitening
- Convenient and affordable
- Easy to use
- Variety of products to choose from
- May not be as effective as in-office whitening
- May cause tooth sensitivity or gum irritation
- Requires consistency and patience to achieve desired results
Factors Affecting Teeth Whitening Cost
The cost of teeth whitening can vary due to several factors, including:
- The type of whitening procedure you choose
- The area in which you live
- The experience of the dentist or dental care professional handling the procedure
- The dental insurance coverage you have, if any
Tips To Get the Best Value for Your Money
- Do your research and compare different dentists and their pricing before committing to one
- Ask about the dentist's whitening experience and the different procedures they use
- Inquire about package deals or discounts offered by the dentist
- Read reviews or ask for referrals from people who have undergone teeth whitening procedures
How much does teeth whitening cost? It ultimately depends on the type of whitening procedure you choose and the area which you live. At-home teeth whitening is generally less expensive than in-office procedures. Do your research and consider your budget and goals before committing to any teeth whitening procedure.