How Much Is A Gaming Pc In South Africa
Gaming is becoming one of the essential activities in South Africa for both adults and children. As a result, most people look for suitable gaming PCs to experience the best gaming experience. However, the cost of the gaming PC is a significant factor that most gamers consider before buying a PC. In South Africa, the cost of a gaming PC depends on various factors such as the specifications, compatibility, and brand.
Factors that Affect the Cost of a Gaming PC in South Africa
The cost of a gaming PC in South Africa varies depending on various factors, such as:
- Processor: The processor is the central component of a gaming PC, and it determines how fast your PC operates. A faster processor such as Intel Core i5 or i7 can be expensive compared to a slower processor.
- Graphics Card: A graphics card is responsible for rendering images on your screen. A graphics card with higher specifications and features is likely to be costly.
- RAM: RAM affects the ability of a PC to multitask. A PC with higher RAM is likely to be expensive compared to a PC with lower RAM.
- Storage: Storage affects the amount of data you can store. A gaming PC with a larger storage capacity or a solid-state drive (SSD) is likely to be expensive.
- Brand: Prices of gaming PCs may vary among different brands. Some brands are known for their quality and price their products higher due to their reputation.
Average Cost of a Gaming PC in South Africa
The cost of a gaming PC in South Africa also depends on the pre-built or custom-built options. A pre-built gaming PC can cost between R12,000 to R50,000. A custom-built gaming PC, on the other hand, can cost between R20,000 to R80,000, depending on the specifications and customization options needed.
Pre-built Gaming PC
Pre-built gaming PCs are readily available, and most brand manufacturers have options for gamers. For instance, a Dell Alienware Aurora R11 Gaming Desktop with a 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 graphics card, and 16GB dual-channel HyperX Fury DDR4 XMP 2933MHz RAM can cost around R29,000. Another pre-built option is Acer Predator Orion 3000 equipped with Intel Core i5-10400F processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB graphics card, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD hard-drive that costs R35,000.
Custom-built Gaming PC
A custom-built gaming PC allows you to choose the specifications that suit your gaming needs. A basic custom-built gaming PC with an Intel Core i5-10400 or AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX or AMD Radeon RX graphics card, 8GB DDR4, and 500GB hard-drive can cost around R20,000. However, a more sophisticated custom-built gaming PC equipped with Intel Core i9-10900K or AMD Ryzen 9 5900X processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 or AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT graphics card, 32GB DDR4, and a 1TB solid-state drive can cost up to R80,000.
In conclusion, the cost of a gaming PC in South Africa depends on various factors such as the processor, graphics card, RAM, storage, and brand. Pre-built gaming PC options can range between R12,000 to R50,000 while custom-built gaming PC options can range between R20,000 to R80,000. It is important to choose the specifications that meet your gaming needs while considering your budget.