As a responsible consumer, it is crucial to check the liquor license status of the establishments you visit. This helps you ensure that the establishment is authorized to sell liquor and is adhering to safety regulations. In this blog, we will discuss various ways to check the liquor license status of an establishment.
1. Check the state's alcohol regulatory body website
The state's alcohol regulatory body website is the best place to start when checking an establishment's liquor license status. In most states, this is under the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC). You can access this website using your browser and then navigate to their license verification section. Most ABC websites are user-friendly, and the information on checking for the liquor license status is readily available.
a. Steps to check the liquor license status on the ABC website
Here are some steps for checking the Liquor License Status on the ABC website:
- Visit the ABC website of your state.
- Look for the "License Search" tool, which is usually available at the top of the page or in the sidebar/navigation menu.
- Select the type of license you want to verify, which is usually liquor or alcohol licenses.
- Enter the establishment's name, address, or license number to narrow down the search results.
- Hit the search button and wait for the search engine to display the result.
2. Mobile apps
Some restaurants and bars use mobile apps to display their active liquor licenses. These apps are either built-in to their website or can be found on popular restaurant search apps like Yelp, Person App or Google Maps. These checks are great for quick and easy checks with mobile devices.
a. How to check liquor license status with mobile apps
Follow these steps to check liquor license status with a mobile app:
- Download and install the restaurant search app in your mobile device
- Sign up if required or use your existing account
- Enter the establishment name or look for it in the map provided by the app
- Click the establishment name to view the details of the restaurant, look for the license status
3. Direct inquiry
If you are still unsure about the liquor license status of an establishment, you can always call or email the state's ABC directly or visit their office. They will respond to your inquiries about the establishment's liquor license status status. This method is primarily for an establishment without a website or if its information is outdated online.
It is critical for consumers to check the liquor license status of the establishments they visit. The three methods mentioned above are simple and quick ways to determine the validity of the establishment's liquor license. We hope this guide eliminates any doubts that you may have about the liquor license status of an establishment.