How To Check My Sassa Status
In South Africa, one of the main forms of social welfare is offered by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). SASSA offers a range of services to citizens of South Africa, including social grants, assistance for childcare, and more. If you're a SASSA grant recipient or applicant, it's important to know how to check your SASSA status. Here are some ways you can easily check your status and stay up-to-date on your SASSA benefits.
Check your SASSA status online
One of the easiest and simplest ways to check your SASSA status is by visiting the official SASSA website. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Visit the SASSA website at www.sassa.gov.za.
- Click on the "Social Grants" menu item and select "Grant Status" from the dropdown list.
- Enter your ID number and select the type of grant you're applying for or receiving.
- Click on "Submit" and your current grant status will be displayed on your screen.
Check your SASSA status via SMS
Another quick and easy way to check your SASSA status is by sending an SMS:
- Open the messaging app on your mobile device.
- Type your ID number, followed by a space, and then the word "STATUS". For example, "1234567890123 STATUS".
- Send the message to the number 49 900.
- You will receive an automated response with your SASSA status.
If you have changed your mobile number or you are using someone else's phone, you will need to visit your nearest SASSA office to update your contact information to receive your SMS notifications.
Check your SASSA status by phone
If you prefer to check your SASSA status by phone, you can do so by calling the SASSA toll-free number: 0800 60 10 11.
You will need to provide your ID number and other personal details to confirm your identity before the staff can disclose any sensitive information.
Checking your SASSA status is essential to staying up-to-date on your social welfare benefits. You can do so easily via the official SASSA website, through SMS, or by phone. By being proactive and checking your status regularly, you can help ensure that you continue to receive the assistance you need from SASSA.