Welcome to my blog on how to make delicious Wors Stew. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Wors, it is a type of South African sausage made with beef or pork, and spices. Wors is often used in a variety of dishes, and one of the most popular is Wors Stew.
The ingredients for making Wors Stew are easy to find at your local supermarket, and they include:
- 1kg of Wors
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of water or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
Follow these easy steps to make a delicious Wors Stew:
Step 1: Brown the Wors
Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the Wors and brown on all sides for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
Step 2: Saute the Vegetables
In the same pot, add the onions and garlic, and saute for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add the tomatoes, potatoes, and carrots, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Step 3: Add the Wors and Liquid
Return the Wors to the pot and add the water or beef broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4: Simmer and Serve
Allow the stew to simmer for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes and carrots are tender and the liquid has thickened. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot with rice, pap or bread.
- For even more flavor, you can add a teaspoon of paprika or turmeric to the vegetables while they are sauteing.
- If you prefer a spicier stew, you can add a chopped chili pepper or a tablespoon of chili powder.
- You can also add other vegetables such as green beans, peas, or corn to the stew.
There you have it, a simple yet delicious recipe for making Wors Stew. Try it out and let me know what you think!