How To Port To Telkom
In this article, we will be discussing one of the most common processes in the Kenyan Telecommunication sector - porting to Telkom Kenya. Porting is the process of moving your phone number from one carrier to another without having to change the phone number or the SIM card. It is a very common process particularly when consumers are dissatisfied with their current communication provider and they need to switch to another for better services.
What is Telkom Kenya?
Telkom Kenya is one of the major telecommunication providers in Kenya. The firm is well-known for providing the best-fixed data and voice services in the country. Telkom's customer base ranges from individuals, small businesses to large corporates.
Why Port to Telkom?
Whether you are dissatisfied with your current communication provider or you are simply looking for an upgrade, here are some reasons why you should port to Telkom:
- Competitive Offers: Telkom Kenya has affordable data and voice packages that offer value for money. If you are currently paying a lot for your communication services, you can save a lot by porting to Telkom Kenya.
- Better Network Coverage: One of the main reasons why people switch to Telkom is its extensive network coverage. If you experience poor network reception or dropped calls while on your current mobile service provider, Telkom could be the solution.
- High-Speed Internet: Telkom Kenya boasts of one of the fastest internet speeds of up to 4G with affordable packages to complement.
What You Need to Know Before Porting
Before you initiate the porting process, here are some things you should know:
- Porting to Telkom Kenya has zero costs. The entire process is cost-free.
- You will not lose any stored information such as contacts or any data stored on your SIM card during the porting process.
- During the porting process, you will have to change your current SIM card to a Telkom SIM card provided to you.
- The porting process can take up to 48 hours to reflect. This is due to the verification process to ensure smooth porting from your previous provider
Steps to Port to Telkom
The porting process is quite easy and you can start the process by following these steps:
- Visit any Telkom retail store and request the porting process form.
- Fill out the porting form with accurate information that matches your current provider's information.
- Hand over your filled out porting form to the attendants at the retail store you visited.
- A Telkom customer service representative will process your request, and you will receive an SMS with the porting date.
- On the porting date, turn off your phone for approximately one hour. After that, turn it back on to confirm that the porting was successful.
If you are seeking a better communication provider, you can consider porting to Telkom Kenya. Telkom Kenya offers an affordable range of voice and data packages, reliable network coverage and high-speed internet connections. The porting process is free and does not affect your current data and contacts stored on the SIM card. Follow the simple porting steps we have outlined above and enjoy the best communication package on the market today.