How To Re Apply For R350 Grant
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic and the economic distress it has caused, the South African government launched the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant to provide some comfort to the unemployed people who are struggling financially. However, some applicants were rejected or their applications were unsuccessful. If you were one of the people in this category, the good news is that you can reapply for the grant. Follow the guidelines below to learn how to reapply for the R350 grant:
1. Check if you are eligible
Before you start the reapplication process, you need to check whether you meet the eligibility criteria. Applicants must:
- Be over 18 years old
- Not be getting any other social grant or UIF benefit
- Not be receiving a salary from any employer
- Have no source of income
- Be a South African citizen, permanent resident, or a refugee registered with the Department of Home Affairs
Note: It is also advisable that you provide correct and accurate information to avoid your application being rejected.
2. Gather your information
Before you begin your reapplication, ensure that you have all the necessary information needed to complete the application process. You will need the following:
- Your South African ID number or asylum seeker permit number
- Your banking details, including the name and branch of your bank, the account holder's name, and account number
- Your contact details, including your phone number and home address
3. Reapply through WhatsApp
To reapply for the R350 grant, follow these steps:
- Save the number 082 046 8553 to your contacts list
- Open WhatsApp and send the word “Hi” to the number
- Select your preferred language from the list of options that will be presented to you
- Select the option to restart your application and follow the prompts
4. Reapply through the SASSA website
Another way of reapplying for the R350 grant is through the SASSA website. Follow these guidelines:
- Open your web browser and go to https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/auth
- Click on the “Re-apply” button under the R350 grant information
- Enter your ID number and phone number and click on “Submit”
- Enter the One-Time Pin (OTP) that will be sent to your phone via SMS
- Complete the online application form and submit it
Note: If you reapply online, ensure that you have a stable internet connection and a device that can access the internet. This includes a smartphone, tablet, or laptop/desktop computer.
5. Wait for feedback
Once you have submitted your reapplication, wait for feedback from SASSA. Check your SMS and email regularly, as you may receive notification about the status of your application through any of these channels. Alternatively, you can contact SASSA’s customer service line at 0800 60 10 11 to enquire about the status of your application.
Reapplying for the R350 grant is a straightforward process, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and provide accurate information.