How Do I Check My Sassa Child Grant Balance Check
As a parent or guardian, you may have applied for the Sassa Child Grant for your child. The Sassa Child Grant is a government program that provides financial assistance to parents or guardians who have dependent children under the age of 18. The grant is meant to assist with the basic needs of the child, including food, clothing, and education. If you have already applied for the grant, you may be wondering how to check your Sassa Child Grant balance. In this article, we will walk you through the process.
Check Your Sassa Child Grant Balance Online
The quickest and most convenient way to check your Sassa Child Grant balance is to do it online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the official website of Sassa at www.sassa.gov.za
- Click on the "Benefit Payments" tab
- Select "Child Support" and enter the required information, including your ID number and child's ID number
- Click on "Submit"
- Your Sassa Child Grant balance will be displayed on the screen
Note: Make sure you have a stable internet connection and your personal details are up-to-date to avoid any errors.
Check Your Sassa Child Grant Balance via SMS
If you prefer to check your Sassa Child Grant balance via SMS, follow these steps:
- Compose a new SMS
- Type "SASSA" followed by your ID number and child's ID number separated by an asterisk (*)
- Send the SMS to 082 612 0333
- You will receive an SMS with your Sassa Child Grant balance
Note: Standard SMS rates apply, and it may take a few minutes to receive a response.
Visit Your Nearest Sassa Office
If you prefer to check your Sassa Child Grant balance in person, you can visit your nearest Sassa office. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
- Carry your ID and your child's ID
- Be prepared to wait in a queue, especially during peak hours
- Ask for assistance from a Sassa official who will help you check your Sassa Child Grant balance
Checking your Sassa Child Grant balance is easy, and it can be done from the comfort of your home. You can do it online, via SMS or by visiting your nearest Sassa office. Make sure you keep your personal details up-to-date to avoid any errors. Remember, the Sassa Child Grant is meant to assist you and your child with the basic needs, so use it wisely.