How To Apply For Rdp House In Gauteng
Welcome to our guide on how to apply for Rdp House in Gauteng. The Housing Subsidy Scheme was created by the South African government as a way of providing affordable houses for low-income families.
What is an Rdp House?
An Rdp house, also known as a Reconstruction and Development Programme house, is a type of affordable housing provided by the government.
Who is Eligible to Apply for an Rdp House?
Low-income earners who earn less than R3500 per month are eligible to apply for an Rdp house. Applicants must also be South African citizens and must not own any other property.
The Application Process
The process of applying for an Rdp house in Gauteng is relatively straightforward. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
- Visit the nearest Municipal Office: Visit your nearest municipal office or housing department to fill in an application form.
- Submit Required Documents: Submit the application form as well as copies of your ID, proof of income and proof of residence.
- Wait for your Application to be Processed: Applications are processed by the National Housing Needs Register. Once your application has been processed, you will be notified of the outcome.
- Receive an Allocation Certificate: If your application is successful, you will receive an allocation certificate.
- Build your Rdp House: You will then be responsible for building your Rdp house using the funds provided by the government.
Applying for an Rdp house in Gauteng can be a long process, but it is worth it for those who are in need of affordable housing. Remember to ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria before applying, and to visit your nearest municipal office to begin the application process. Best of luck!