How To Make Cream Doughnuts
Welcome to my blog where we explore the joys of cooking and baking. Today, we will be diving into the world of cream doughnuts. You won't want to miss out on this mouthwatering experience.
First things first, let's gather all the necessary ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 quarts vegetable oil, for frying
- Vanilla cream filling: 1/4 cup unsalted butter, 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: powdered sugar or chocolate glaze
Now that we have all the ingredients, let's move on to the steps:
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and mix well.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture alternately with the milk until just combined.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, drop delicate balls of dough into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- To make the vanilla cream filling, beat the butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract while continuing to mix. Slowly add in the milk, one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag or squeeze bottle for easier use.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled, use a piping bag or squeeze bottle to inject the cream filling into each doughnut.
- For added flair, sprinkle powdered sugar or drizzle chocolate glaze over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
For best results, use fresh ingredients and make sure your oil is heated to the right temperature. When frying the doughnuts, be sure not to overcrowd the pot as this will lower the oil temperature and affect the quality of the doughnuts.
When injecting the cream filling, be careful not to overfill, as this will cause the doughnut to burst. If you don't have a piping bag or squeeze bottle, you can use a simple zip-top bag with a small hole cut in one corner.
Finally, don't be afraid to get creative with your toppings! You can decorate your doughnuts with sprinkles, crushed nuts, or even fruit.
There you have it, folks! A simple and delicious recipe for cream doughnuts that will have your taste buds singing. Happy baking!