How To Make Kota
Welcome to my blog where I will teach you how to make Kota. Kota is a famous Indian street food that is enjoyed by people of all ages. It is a type of sandwich that is filled with a variety of spices and chutneys.
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Milk powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ cup Water
- Oil for Deep Frying
Step 1: Preparing the dough
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl - All-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and milk powder.
- Add oil to the mixture and mix well.
- Add water in small amounts and knead the dough until it is soft and smooth.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
Step 2: Preparing the filling
- Boil 2-3 potatoes and mash them coarsely.
- Chop 1 onion, 1 tomato, and 1 green chili and mix it with the mashed potatoes.
- Add salt, red chili powder, and chaat masala for taste.
- Mix well to make the filling.
Step 3: Making the Kota
- Divide the dough into equal parts and roll each into a small ball.
- Roll out each ball of dough to make a small circle of around 2-3 inches.
- Place a spoonful of the filling mixture in the center of each circle.
- Fold the circle in half to cover the filling properly.
- Seal the edges by pressing them together with a fork.
- Deep fry the Kotas in hot oil until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the Kotas from the oil and place them on a tissue paper to remove excess oil.
Now that your Kotas are ready, serve them with mint chutney, tamarind chutney, and tomato ketchup. You can also sprinkle some chaat masala on top of the Kotas to enhance their flavor. Enjoy your delicious Kotas with your family and friends.