In this blog post, we will be walking you through the steps you need to follow to make a delicious jam squash. This recipe is easy to follow, and the end result is absolutely scrumptious!
- 2 lbs of squash
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tablespoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 tablespoon of salt
- First things first, wash the squash thoroughly under running water.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the squash into small cubes (around 1/2 inch).
- Now place the cut squash in a large cooking pot, adding a little bit of water (around 1/4 cup).
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook the squash on low heat until it becomes soft.
- Once the squash is soft, add sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and salt to the pot.
- Mix all ingredients together and continue to cook on low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool off a bit before blending the mixture with a hand blender or placing it in a standard blender.
- Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth with no lumps.
- Return the blended mixture to the pot and cook it on very low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the jam squash cool down to room temperature before serving or storing it in an air-tight container.
For added texture and flavor, you can also add some small chunks of apple or pear during the cooking process.
Make sure you stir the mixture occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the pot.
We hope you enjoy this jam squash recipe as much as we do. It's a great way to use up extra squash, and it makes a perfect addition to any breakfast, snack or dessert!