How To Make Bay Leaf Tea
Bay leaf tea is an excellent herbal infusion that offers numerous benefits for your health. Bay leaves are a popular ingredient in many dishes, but very few people know how to make a cup of tea with them. In this article, we provide you with the steps to make bay leaf tea and also discuss the benefits that come with drinking it.
Ingredients You Need:
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make a cup of bay leaf tea:
- Two or three dried bay leaves
- A kettle or pot of water
- A tea infuser
- Honey, lemon, and other herbs and spices (optional)
How To Make Bay Leaf Tea:
Follow these simple steps to make a cup of soothing bay leaf tea:
- Take two or three dried bay leaves and crush them gently. This helps release the fragrant and medicinal oils from the bay leaves.
- Place the crushed bay leaves in a tea infuser and keep it aside.
- Bring a pot or kettle of water to a boil.
- Pour the boiling water over the bay leaves in the infuser and leave the tea to steep for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the infuser and discard the used bay leaves.
- Add honey, lemon, and other herbs or spices, according to your preference.
- Your bay leaf tea is ready to serve!
Benefits Of Bay Leaf Tea:
Bay leaf tea offers a host of health benefits that includes:
- Relieves Indigestion and Constipation: Bay leaf tea has powerful antimicrobial properties that help destroy harmful bacteria in our digestive system, thereby relieving indigestion and constipation.
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety: Drinking bay leaf tea can have a calming effect on our mind, which makes it ideal for treating stress and anxiety.
- Improves Heart Health: Bay leaf tea contains powerful antioxidants that help keep the heart and blood vessels healthy, thereby reducing the risk of heart-related diseases.
- Regulates Blood Sugar Levels: Bay leaf tea has been found to be effective in regulating blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
- Boosts Immunity: Bay leaves contain a compound called eucalyptol, which has powerful antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help boost the immune system.
So, next time you are feeling stressed or having digestive issues, try a cup of warm and soothing bay leaf tea to reap its benefits.