How To Cook Chicken Hearts Stew
If you are looking for a budget-friendly, yet delicious meal, you might want to try cooking chicken hearts stew. This dish is not only easy to prepare, but it is also packed with flavors and nutrients. Whether you are new to cooking or you are an experienced chef, this recipe is worth a try.
- 1 pound chicken hearts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Start by trimming the chicken hearts. Remove any visible fat, connective tissue, or membrane. You can also cut them in half if they are too large. Rinse them under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the chopped onion, carrots, and celery to the pot. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Sprinkle the paprika and thyme over the vegetables, and stir well.
- Add the chicken hearts to the pot, and stir everything together.
- Pour in the chicken broth and drop in a bay leaf. Bring the stew to a simmer.
- Cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to medium-low. Allow the stew to simmer for about an hour or until the chicken hearts are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
- If you cannot find chicken hearts, you can use other chicken parts such as legs, thighs, or breasts.
- The stew can also be made in a slow cooker. Simply follow the same instructions and cook the stew on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- You can serve the chicken hearts stew over rice, mashed potatoes, or with crusty bread.
In conclusion, cooking chicken hearts stew is not only delicious, but it is also an excellent way to use up all parts of a chicken. We hope that this recipe will give you the inspiration to try something new in the kitchen.