How To Make Don Pedro
Don Pedro is a popular South African boozy milkshake that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are hosting a party or just want to treat yourself, a Don Pedro is an excellent choice. Making Don Pedro is incredibly easy, and you only need a few ingredients.
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 shot of your favorite whiskey or liqueur
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Grated chocolate (optional)
Scoop two generous scoops of vanilla ice cream and place it in your blender or milkshake maker.
Add your shot of whiskey or liqueur to the ice cream. You can use your favorite whiskey, Kahlua, Amarula or any other liqueur that you prefer. Note: If you do not want to use alcohol, simply omit this step and add an extra 1/2 cup of milk.
Pour 1/2 cup of milk into the blender with the ice cream and whiskey/liqueur.
Blend the mixture until it is smooth and creamy. Make sure that there are no lumps or chunks of ice cream left in the blender.
Pour the Don Pedro mixture into a tall glass or mason jar.
If you prefer, you can add whipped cream and grated chocolate to the top of your Don Pedro. This is optional, but it makes the drink even more decadent and delicious.
- If you want a thicker Don Pedro, use less milk and more ice cream.
- If you want a thinner Don Pedro, use more milk and less ice cream.
- You can add different flavors of ice cream and liqueur to customize your Don Pedro to your liking.
- For an extra kick, you can sprinkle a little bit of ground cinnamon or nutmeg on the top of your Don Pedro.
As you can see, making a Don Pedro is incredibly easy and requires only a few ingredients. You can whip up this delicious boozy milkshake in no time and impress your friends and family with your cocktail-making skills. Whether you are enjoying a Don Pedro as an after-dinner treat or serving it at a party, everyone is sure to love this South African classic.